Wednesday, October 5, 2016

My Retreat to the Pacific Northwest Part 1 Food and relaxing in the Seattle area

I had a lovely time on my retreat to the Pacific Northwest. The first day  my friend and I walked around a lake in a beautiful park near her house. I enjoyed wearing my new red rain cape! The air was alternately drizzly or fresh and crisp. The scenery was spectacular.
Shopping in Seattle was fun! Especially downtown at the market. So much to see and appreciate! Especially the food.

The seafood choices were fabulous! I ate King salmon everyday-sometimes at both meals.
So many gorgeous fruits and vegetables are available. Including one of my favorites-radicchio!
Here is one of my breakfasts-King salmon, sauteed Italian kale, and some fabulous pizza left over from my lunch the day before. I was thrilled to discover so much Italian  food!
I really enjoyed having the leisure to take walks, relax, and eat gorgeous food before taking off for the Pacific Ocean and Victoria. Next week I will share some of my travels. (Still getting back in synch!).
Thank you so much for visiting my blog! You might like to take a peak at my Pinterest boardshttps://www.pinterest.com/colleen2322/
I LOVE comments, so please drop me a line! I also welcome pm's on Facebook and emails from my friends! See you next week.

10 comments:

annabanana1987 said...

So glad you enjoyed your trip. I LOVE Seattle. Seems you went to all the great places there, too. Happy that you are back online and writing about your journey. XO

colleen said...

I will be in touch soon, Anna! Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. Next time I will post some travel photos. I had a great time and I am getting clear on what I want to be/do next!Big(((HUG))) to you!

Barbara said...

Hello Colleen, I'm so glad you had a good break. The food looks wonderful and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your time away. Welcome back by the way.

colleen said...

Hello Barbara! It really was lovely to take a complete break from electronics! I am not as addicted as I imagined. No withdrawal symptoms at all! Still, I am happy to be getting back in touch with my cyber friends- a few of whom, like you, I hope to see in person someday!

Anonymous said...

I visited Seattle for the first time this past May and enjoyed Pike's Market, as well. Love the first picture of Little Red Riding Hood (I mean, you!) in the big deep woods. :)

colleen said...

Thank you,Marcia! I love the red rain cape- it really does keep me dry.
One of my favorite Little Golden books was Little Red Riding Hood written and illustrated by Elizabeth Orton Jones. It took me years to find a nice copy (my mother regularly gave away my books and toys). Now I know why I wanted that particular rain cape- your comment reminded me!

Stephanie Faris said...

I've never been to Seattle, but now I want to go.

colleen said...

Hi Stephanie! So happy to inspire you! I will tempt you some more in my next blog. The scenery is spectacular.Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

Anonymous said...

Hi Colleen, I'm just now seeing your reply to my comment on this post and I'm curious if you happened to see my long ago post about Elizabeth Orton Jones. If you click on my 'spotlights' tab and scroll down you'll find a link to the post there. I also had a Little Golden book of Little Red Riding Hood, but it was a different illustrator and had a paper doll at the back (1959). I still have it, a bit torn and worn, though. :)

colleen said...

Marcia! I have the paper doll Little Red Riding Hood book as well. I am going to look at your post about Elizabeth Orton Jones. Her version of LRRH haunted my dreams for years until I found my replacement copy.I re-read it frequently. I love the illustrations. The paper doll in the 1959 version remains one of my favorite paper dolls. Such fun to meet friends with the same childhood favorite books!