Sunday, October 26, 2014

My First Steps to Ageless Beauty Embodiment - Part One

How do you FEEL when you see yourself in the mirror?  I remember one day in my sewing room. I was making a darling little dresses for my dolls so that I could make  photos  for an Impressionist painting photo challenge for a group I belong to. I caught a glance of myself in the mirror. I was horrified!  There I was dressed in an ugly sweatsuit with very messy hair piled on top of my head- looking about 110 years old.


It was a wake-up call as I looked around at my lovely doll collection and then at myself! I decided then and there to begin to care for myself as well as I care for, cherish and dress my beautiful dolls! I realised that not only is it Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood but that it is also Never Too Late To Look and Feel Your Most Beautiful Best. My dolls taught me quite a lesson that day. I was appreciating their exquisite beauty - many of them are one of a kind, hand made by talented artists- but I was not appreciating my own unique beauty.
So I took the first step. I would continue to appreciate beauty everyday and expand my appreciation to everything beautiful in my life. My friends and family, my pets, my beautiful landscape, my surroundings, music, food - everything beautiful in my life. I hoped that by appreciating the beauty around me I would be able to rediscover the beauty within me. I would also begin to do one small thing everyday to begin to appreciate my own beauty no matter what my age. To be continued...

No comments: